Financial Intelligence Committee
The Financial Intelligence Committee shall perform the following functions (article 65 of the Royal Decree 304/2014, of 5 May):
- Approving the general criteria for dissemination of financial intelligence reports.
- Facilitate the provision of feedback to the Executive Service of the Commission by the recipient institution on the financial intelligence reports.
- Establishing an assessment procedure by the institutions receiving the financial intelligence reports.
- Approving general guidelines and directives on the subject of financial analysis and intelligence.
- Coordinating risk analysis activities regarding money laundering and terrorist financing.
- Establishing appropriate mechanisms to provide information on identified risks to the competent authorities and obliged persons, either directly or through their professional associations.
- Proposing to the Commission for the Prevention of Money Laundering measures to mitigate the identified risks.
- Conducting studies on typologies of money laundering and terrorist financing
- Approving guidelines and directives for obliged persons concerning suspicious transaction reporting.
- Guiding the performance of the Cash Control Task Force or other groups
- The Secretary General of the Treasury and Financial Policy
- A representative of the following institutions:
- - Drug Prosecution.
- - Prosecutor of the High Court.
- - Bank of Spain.
- - Directorate General of the Police.
- - General Directorate of the Civil Guards.
- - Department of Customs and Excise of the State Tax Administration Agency.
- - Department of Financial and Tax Inspection of the State Tax Administration Agency.
- - National Intelligence Centre.
- - Center of Intelligence against Organized Crime.
- The Director of the Executive Service of the Commission.
- The Sub-Director General of Inspection and Control of Capital Movements.
The status of Financial Intelligence Committee member does not require the prior condition of Commission member. The representatives of the institutions designated and their substitutes shall have the status, at least, of Deputy Director General.