The Commission may act in Plenary and through the Standing Committee (article 44.3 of Act 10/2010, of 28 April).
The Standing Committee shall perform the following functions (article 64 of the Royal Decree 304/2014, of 5 May)
- Guiding the action of the Executive Service of the Commission and approving the organizational structure and operational guidelines.
- Approving the Annual Inspection Plan of obliged persons.
- Addressing requests to obliged persons regarding the compliance with the money laundering and terrorist financing obligations.
- The formulation of formal requests to the obliged persons in the field related with the compliance with the obligations of prevention of money laundering and terrorist financing.
- Any other function expressly delegated by the plenary.
The Secretary General of the Treasury and Financial Policy
- A representative of the following bodies:
- - Bank of Spain.
- - National Securities Market Commission.
- - Directorate General of Insurance and Pension Funds.
- - Department of Financial and Tax Inspection of the State Tax Administration Agency.
- - Department of Customs and Excise of the State Tax Administration Agency.
- - Secretary of State for Security.
- - Drug Prosecution.
- The Director of the Executive Service of the Commission.
The Sub-Director General of Inspection and Control of Capital Movements.
The status of Standing Committee member does not require the prior condition of Commission member. The representatives of the institutions designated and their substitutes shall have the status, at least, of Deputy Director General.